About the CESA
The Colegio de Estudios Superiores de Administración – CESA, is a higher education institution with university academic character, monodisciplinary, with administrative, financial and academic autonomy. Four pillars: innovation, entrepreneurship, ethics and leadership, are the navigation chart of the CESA.
Listed as one of the best business schools in the country, the institution has received several accreditations and distinctions of national and international entities. To the renewal of the High Quality Accreditation recently awarded to its undergraduate program, other recognitions that highlight its active and pioneering role in the academic ecosystem are added: High Quality Institutional Accreditation granted by the MEN, the membership of AACSB Business Education Alliance, the recognition EDAF Development (for the commitment to quality and continuous improvement of the institution), and the certification Changemaker Campus, Ashoka, as a training center for change agents.
The current rector is Henry Bradford Sicard, CESA Business Administrator. He holds an MBA from the Instituto de Empresa of Madrid, where he is currently pursuing a PhD in Business Management (DBA).
Located in the heart of the traditional La Merced neighborhood, in Bogotá, the CESA is made up of 16 houses and a building, on 15,322 m2. Aware of its heritage value for the architecture of the city, the CESA has been concerned to preserve the original style of the buildings, while endowing them with equipment and state-of-the-art technology for the benefit of the student population.
The CESA was founded in 1975 on the initiative of a group of Colombian businessmen who visualized a new generation of leaders for the country. In informal meetings led by former President Carlos Lleras Restrepoand Dr. Hernán Echavarría Olózaga, educators, political leaders and businessmen gave their ideas to create a first level school of administration. With the support of the National Association of Industrialists (ANDI) and the Colombian Institute of Administration (INCOLDA) CESA was born as a private educational institution, non-profit.
To date, the CESA has delivered to the company about 3,300 company managers and more than 4,000 postgraduate graduateswho, together, have created about 300 companies, generating more than 15,000 jobs. The graduates are recognized as outstanding in the business field of Colombia.
Since its founding it has maintained a dialogue with figures from the public and private sectors of the country that complements the theoretical training of both undergraduate and graduate students.
Form the best business leaders, endowed with an entrepreneurial spirit, capable of adding value to their companies, creative, ethical and committed to the generation of economic, political and social development, in accordance with the values that CESA professes to make Colombia a nation fair, competitive and that lives in peace.
To be the best institution in the country oriented to meet the needs of professional training in the field of Business Administration in public and private sectors, with a specialized and diversified academic offer.
As an institution of higher education, and in its purpose to train the best business leaders and entrepreneurs, CESA provides education services in administrative sciences with a high level of relevance. Taking into account the institutional context and the stakeholders, it is committed to:
- Develop a QMS that allows to offer the community access to information through various means and formats available in the institution and the search for user satisfaction.
- Develop a safety and health system at work, focused on the protection and promotion of health for the members of its Community, as well as the identification, mitigation and control of risks and emergencies associated with the activities of the institution.
- Manage a strategic road safety plan in order to prevent the risks associated with traffic accidents, through the execution of pedagogical strategies to implement good practices and establish appropriate controls.
For it, Senior Management is committed to allocate the necessary resources by providing an adequate infrastructure, competent personnel, and engaging in the search for continuous improvement, all framed in the current legal regulations and institutional guidelines.
- Maintain access to the physical and digital information resources offered by the Library in order to facilitate its use.
- Generate spaces for literacy and communication in order to promote and encourage the use of Library services.
- Prevent accidents and occupational diseases through the identification of hazards, risk assessment and determination of controls, in order to achieve their mitigation, identify the hazards, value and evaluate the risks, and establish the respective controls.
- Establish controls to verify the compliance degree with the legal requirements regarding OSH.Comply with current national regulations on occupational risks.
- Generate spaces that encourage the participation of the CESA community in the different training activities in relation to the institutional emergency plan.
- Encourage the development of the skills of workers by establishing training programs that respond to the needs of the institution and human resources.
- Identify and implement actions that promote the continuous improvement of the processes of the institution Management System.
- Increase the satisfaction levels of CESA community users, providing timely responses to the demand for new resources and information services.
- To adapt the the physical infrastructure of the library in order to have the necessary spaces for the provision of service.